New children’s footwear should have at least 1.5 spare cm between the thumb and big toe of the foot and footwear because:
- The big toe requires an additional 3 mm;
- While walking leg lengthens by about 5 mm;
- Need additional 7 mm based on that leg will grow.
It is also important to remember:
- In children under 2 years old foot grows by half a size every 2 months;
- Children aged 3 to 6 years old foot size should be measured every three months;
- Children under the age of 7 years is sufficient to measure the foot every four months.
To determine your US shoe size, do the following:
- Take a piece of paper, put it on a flat, hard surface.
- Stand on the paper wearing socks of medium thickness.
- Take a pencil, put it vertically and mark the most protruding part of the heel.
- Another mark put in the longest toe.
- Measure the distance between the two marks.
- Use the table above to determine the size.
- If your measurements are between two sizes, or you find that one foot is larger than the other, go for the larger size.
- Make measurements in the evening, as the evening a little swollen feet and increase in size.